Discuss Rumbling Noise from Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cicco01

I had a new boiler fitted last January 2015. My previous boiler worked well, but 10 years later I decided an upgrade was necessary.

After a few weeks of starting to use the central heating around we noticed a loud rumbling noise which appears to be in the floor of the living room. It was as if there was a Bus or truck parked outside the house, more so I one room. However, when this does start to happen, the boiler also gets notably noisier.

After many parts had been replaced, it became apparent that simply draining the boiler & refilling it has the effect of curing the problem, but again after several days it returns.

One year later, the manufacturer is scratching its head, and the easy way out, is to conclude that the problem is with my system.

I have seen this issue on a few forums now, but never seen and conclusive fix. I thought I’d post my own thread, in the hope that somebody might have found the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rumbling Noise from Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi , I'm wondering whether anybody can help me at all ? My boiler has started making noises which I am unable to identify. If anybody is able to...
Replies
Views
I got a problem with my boiler,it's got some vibration when it starts to work,it doesn't fire up unless I duck tap and blank half of the air...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock