Discuss Running out of fuses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi all can anyone help with my Ariston query.

Been called back to the same property 3 times now to look at an Ariston E-Combi 30

1st visit - changed fuse at switched spur - all good

2nd visit - changed fuse at switched spur and fast blow fuse on pcb - all good

3rd visit - changed fast blow fuse on pcb - working again.

Cannot find any hint of a reason why these fuses keep going. Nothing is leaking. All wiring within case is intact nothing is crossing. All voltage is running correctly. Is this one of those nonsense faults that just requires a new pcb.

Anyone with any experience of this welcome

External controls leaking to neutral in past. Too much current and pop goes the weasel

Did you pull off the diverter motor and check for water in there?

If it's blowing the fuse on the board then it's something that draws 240v. On that boiler its the fan, ignitor, gas valve, diverter and pump.

Cheers ermi.

Hadnt thought of of that but there are no external controls.

Did you pull off the diverter motor and check for water in there?

If it's blowing the fuse on the board then it's something that draws 240v. On that boiler its the fan, ignitor, gas valve, diverter and pump.
this is the most likely cause if its a microgenus had this fault loads of times but its not always obvious,remove the motor probably wet if its not wet shake it by your ear probably full of water

Thank you all. Will go back armed with some of these

Might be a case of pulling off 230v connections 1 by 1 to see which one stops it blowing, but difficult to do if it's working when you are there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Running out of fuses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock