Discuss safety device testing for landlords gas safety certs. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
[DLMURL]http://www.radmidlands.co.uk/Downloads/ControlsDom.pdf[/DLMURL]

sum gud info.

Great link m8, I have just saved that to the Ipad for the upset customers I come across !!

An Ipad with the words on it can sometimes be easier to describe TO THE UNHAPPY !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you go in to a property where gas appliances have been capped off but are left in situ do you still put these down on the cp12 and do you only have to visually check them?

Thermo electic fsd,isolate gas, click test and mini tightness test.

Flame recitification, isolate gas, wait for lockout, mini tightness test

Liquid expansion FSD, should light initially to maintenance flame, then full burner when the valve opens. (if straight to full burner,valve open)

liquid expansion thermostat, run appliance for 10 minutes, turn appliance down low, valve closes, full burner should go to a maintenance flame. if the burner goes out then the bypass is blocked.

No I sat down at college and listened instead of messing around and also asked my mentor how to do things, wasnt hard.
and you still come across stuff after that that no amount of explaining how it worked will replace experience,i remember when you had not long joined us lame and was asking questions

I listened very carefully during college too and passed my UP1A testing and purging, UP1A full scope, indirect fired appliances 70kw to 2mw, commercial to domestic changeover, boilers, cookers, fires and water heaters no problem.

Spent months on commercial pressure loses, tightness testing and purging. then about 2 weeks on boilers.

To say that i felt a bit intimidated when servicing and fault finding on my 1st boilers in the real world was an understatement.

I also know very little after completing training. It's all stuff you pick up with experience when you get involved.

Best guide is manufacturers destructions

I also know very little after completing training. It's all stuff you pick up with experience when you get involved.

Best guide is manufacturers destructions

Unfortunately manufacturers do not supply a list of safety checks to be carried out on their appliances.

They supply fault finding guides (sometimes bad) and component replacement guides.

If manufacturers supplied exact and specific check list for each appliance, all gas engineers could
spend an equal amount of time on each appliance and charge accordingly to their individual pricing policy.

Ok I suppose that is in an ideal world, but :-

I DON'T MIND BEEN TOLD I AM EXPENSIVE IF I AM DOING THE SAME JOB :mad:

What happens at present is companies/engineers try and do gas safety inspections as quickly as poss, so the price charged for them is driven down, as it is seen as easy work.

The only problem is, the tenants safety/property is at risk, a big fatality will happen and our trade will be tarnished.

Rant over !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to safety device testing for landlords gas safety certs. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock