Discuss safety device testing for landlords gas safety certs. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

unitedgas

Hi guys.

I am new to the industry. Qualified just over a year ago. I mostly work on central heating.
I've been asked to do some cp12s. Can anyone give me any advice?
Specifically on checking safety devices of appliances.

cheers.

they must all trip within 60 seconds and with your manometer on the inlet, observe no movement. The blip test. This is for the thermoelectric type on boilers and ovens. Then the bypass rate on oven stat and rectification is just cut the gas off and make sure it goes to lock out

did you not do any during your training and building a portfolio, as that was the reason for having a porfolio of works done!

did you not do any during your training and building a portfolio, as that was the reason for having a porfolio of works done!
thats pretty harsh we all learn on the job after 40 years of mostly instals ive gone over to servicing and ll certs and its a whole different ball game im still playing catch up after four months

just wonder what is the point of the portfolio, best go and buy Mr Regin's book and learn how to do some of the tests available. Ie how to check that when the gas valve has locked out, it isn't passing etc etc

When i did my portfolio, worked alongside probably 10 service engineers and struggled to find one that new how to test controls. I now know many other gas safe engineers who havent a clue how to test controls because they have never been properly taught. Alot of stuff is just skipped over. Alot of engineers only ever install and commission new systems so never test controls apart from the usual commissioning stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to safety device testing for landlords gas safety certs. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I’ve got a couple of gas safety checks coming up and I’m a bit confused as to whether I need to tick yes or no to the appliance serviced part...
Replies
Views
Hi all gas engineers. While doing landlord’s gas safety , if gas hob do not have data badge or manual . How can we test it for safe to use ??
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I...
Replies
Views
Hi All My husband and I are re looking at the finances for the business and I wanted to ensure the company still remains competitive with prices...
Replies
Views
The self-certification certificate states that "....the work was carried out in accordance with Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations, as...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock