Discuss Salamander ESP45CPV in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AJGS41

I have the above water pump fitted, it has now packed up and Salamander have told me to replace it I need to buy a Salamander ESP50CPV as they cannot be fixed, however having looked online at the reviews (a lot of problems with reliability)and also the price (£500 from Salamander) I wondered if it was possible to replace the pump for a like for like different make, or if I now have to stick with Salamander? Any help or advice is much appreciated, thank you

There are only two shower pump manufacturers of note at that end of the market - Stuart Turner and Salamander.

In my experience, the OVERWHELMING majority of problems with shower pumps - regardless of make - is DIY or Builder/handyman installation. You are talking about a top end pump, which suggests to me that you may have an unusual (possibly negative head?) situation, which is even more prone to bad installation than normal.

You should get a better deal by talking to your local properly qualified plumber, and allowing him/her to source it. Even with a mark-up on materials and VAT, you should have some change from £500. You also have a much better chance of it surviving a decent time if a plumber has a look at the installation.

There are only two shower pump manufacturers of note at that end of the market - Stuart Turner and Salamander.

In my experience, the OVERWHELMING majority of problems with shower pumps - regardless of make - is DIY or Builder/handyman installation. You are talking about a top end pump, which suggests to me that you may have an unusual (possibly negative head?) situation, which is even more prone to bad installation than normal.

You should get a better deal by talking to your local properly qualified plumber, and allowing him/her to source it. Even with a mark-up on materials and VAT, you should have some change from £500. You also have a much better chance of it surviving a decent time if a plumber has a look at the installation.

Thank you, I have no doubt whoever installed it did a rubbish job, as every other bit of work that has been done in the house since I have moved in (electrics, loft conversion, kitchen etc.) Has all been rubbish and needed re doing

I guess I will just have to suck it up and pay out again, thanks for your reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Salamander ESP45CPV in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

T
plumber purchased and installed a salamander shower pump, pump has stopped working after being used for just less than 6 months. Plumber has...
Replies
Views
Hi there, We have a standard gravitational system at home and a Salamander pump CT force 30pt is part of the hot water system for the 2nd floor...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar...
Replies
Views
Hi, After years of using a pumped electric shower (Triton t80 pumped), it's now dying and I'd like to replace it with a 'normal' mixer shower...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I need a bit of advice or help. I have a low pressure hot water system due to the Hot Water Tank being in a bedroom, not in the attic...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock