Discuss Salamander Homeboost, Hot water coming out of cold tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello

I have a Vaillant Ecotec Plus 835 with a Salamander Homeboost pump fitted to the mains supply underneath the boiler.

If I switch on the cold tap first I get cold and if I switch on the hot I get hot, the booster kicks in but doesn’t switch off, but..

If I switch on the hot tap first the booster fires; does not switch off when I close the tap, then if I open the cold tap hot water flows?

If I close one of the isolation valves the pump stops as expected, and if I switch the pump off completely the taps work correctly.

My gas engineer says it’s bizarre and can only suggest replacing the pump, Salamander say they don’t think there is anything wrong with the pump as it stops when the isolation valve is turned. And neither can understand why hot would come out of the cold!?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank you
David

Last edited by a moderator:
Id agree with salamander on this one. If the pump stops when isolated, that proves the pumps flow/pressure switches work.

Where in relation to the stop tap is the home boost fitted?

I'd also be asking your installer why he's fitted an 835 which is capable of 14ltm of hot water delivery, when the home boost is restricted to 12ltm.

Id agree with salamander on this one. If the pump stops when isolated, that proves the pumps flow/pressure switches work.

Where in relation to the stop tap is the home boost fitted?

I'd also be asking your installer why he's fitted an 835 which is capable of 14ltm of hot water delivery, when the home boost is restricted to 12ltm.

The booster is fitted 1m below the isolation valve and boiler.

Ground floor kitchen tap doesn’t get as hot as 2nd Floor bathroom?

The pump is fitted because my 3rd floor shower struggles with pressure, Ground Floor is adequate.

Reply to Salamander Homeboost, Hot water coming out of cold tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, I woke up this morning with cold water (mains) from downstairs tap but no hot water from downstairs tap, and no water at all from all the...
Replies
Views
Mike Young
M
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that...
Replies
Views
Hi, I hope someone can help. I’m hoping this isn’t a permanent problem. We’ve converted a gravity vented hot water system, into an unvented...
Replies
Views
Got intermittent hot water coming the from a combi boiler to kitchen mixer tap when it hits the T junction for the upstairs bath it's hot, but on...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock