Discuss Salamander Negative Pump Pulsing issue in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Recently had a Negative pump fitted that was sourced used to keep costs low. The pump has followed all the tests provided by Salamander support and runs perfectly. However when hooked up to the Thermostatic valve it pulses. 6 seconds on, half second off, 6 seconds on and so on.

If i remove the shower hose from the thermostatic valve this increases the pulse time to around 20 seconds on and half second off.

I have purchased the widest bore shower hose i could find 12mm but this has made little difference.

I am not convinced i needed a negative pump..

anyone ever come across this issue?

The CWT is in the loft and the shower is on the floor below the other side of the hot water tank.

Where is the pump fitted ?

Where is the pump fitted ?
Hi Shaun,

The pump is fitted in the cupboard next to the Hot Water Cylinder.

IMG20220724104156.jpg

Did you check the vessel charge on top when empty ?

Also you haven’t plumbed it in to spec eg s flange ?

Should be like this as the way you have it can lead to air coming in via the vent and stopping the pump

1658662592663.png

Problems are it's a salamander, it's been installed by a half wit, it looks like it tees off of the cylinder cold feed and hot same as above.

Problems are it's a salamander, it's been installed by a half wit, it looks like it tees off of the cylinder cold feed and hot same as above.
so which problem is causing the pulsing?

Here is the pipework consideration.

I'll happily get in a different plumber if the issue is the setup

Also i was trying to determine if it was a negative pump i needed all along but no-one has mentioned that as a potential issue.

IMG20220724180106.jpg

Plumber is the issue and negative head wouldn’t effect / cause the pulsing

Reply to Salamander Negative Pump Pulsing issue in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
Hi there, We have a standard gravitational system at home and a Salamander pump CT force 30pt is part of the hot water system for the 2nd floor...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
T
plumber purchased and installed a salamander shower pump, pump has stopped working after being used for just less than 6 months. Plumber has...
Replies
Views
J
Vado celcius 2 way divert bath filler or shower, fed by salamander pump, water pressure and temperature to shower outlet works perfectly well...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock