Discuss salamander pump air lock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rupertwalshe

Hi

6 months ago we had out main hot water tank moved to a ground floor location and a new salamander negative head pressure pump (ESP 120 CPV) installed to pump hot water to the whole house.

This has been excellent until Friday when it gurgled a bit and stopped working. It has a red light on option 2 stating it has water starvation/ aeration. I thought this might just be a glitch so turned the pump off and back on. The pump then turns on and goes through its test procedure and during that time the water flows really well. However after a minute the pump just turns off and when we turn the hot tap on it does not activate.

I have subsequently today uncoupled the pump and checked all the pipes for an air lock and then put the pump back and this has had no affect. I assume now that there must be an air lock in the pump itself?

Any thoughts would be welcome before my wife sends me out to live with the dog.

You sure you checked the pipes for airlock properly? Also did you check and see what caused the pump to airlock in the first place ie. being starved of water

Hi yes I believe that I did - sent the mains cold through the system. I have no idea what caused the airlock in the first place. As I said it has been working perfectly for 6 months. Can an airlock be within the pump itself? Or maybe the pump just has an activation fault?

Check how fast the cold water tank is filling. Ie. Check the ballvalve. Turn off the water goin into the pump (turn off the power to it first). Disconnect water supply to pump, open it up into a bucket or something and clear the airlock. Turn off again and reconnect to pump. Make sure all taps etc are open. Turn valve back on, wait till water coming out of all the taps. Turn power back on. Bobs your uncle

How bigs the cws and how long d'ya have showers.. You can run them dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to salamander pump air lock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I’m hoping someone can help me with this problem please. I’ve searched for similar posts but not found anything helpful! My mum’s...
Replies
Views
I have a conventional system, Potterton Prima Boiler, into a Pump into a Motorised Valve that feeds the Radiators and/or the pipes in the Hot...
Replies
Views
Hi there, We have a standard gravitational system at home and a Salamander pump CT force 30pt is part of the hot water system for the 2nd floor...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock