Discuss Saniflo Advice please in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have 2 Saniflo macerators in my flat, the one in the kitchen had to be replaced some time ago and I seem to recall the engineer asked me for towels to mop up some spillage when he removed the faulty macerator. I have a problem with the one in my bathroom now, it works but smells awful and I presume it needs to be serviced or replaced, I do use the recommended descaler liquid every few months but it no longer seems to help with the smell. I am really concerned about any potential spillage when it is removed, as it will obviously be raw sewage spilling out which I am horrified by. Is this normal, or is it a case of the engineer not being careful enough to prevent this from happening. I would be so grateful for any advice.

Kirsty

I can remove and replace without any spillage 99% of the time but once in awhile something goes wrong and that is why I keep a wet-vac plugged in and ready to go.

For smells> turn power off> pour hot water and disinfectant down the pan until water level stays just above normal> after 45 minutes turn power on again.
May need to repeat depending on how dirty it is inside.

I can remove and replace without any spillage 99% of the time but once in awhile something goes wrong and that is why I keep a wet-vac plugged in and ready to go.

For smells> turn power off> pour hot water and disinfectant down the pan until water level stays just above normal> after 45 minutes turn power on again.
May need to repeat depending on how dirty it is inside.
Thank-you for this info. Appreciate it.

Reply to Saniflo Advice please in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock