Search the forum,

Discuss SANIFLO discharge query in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys question about saniflos 💩 I'm working at a property that the entire place was fed off a sani, that's packed up, blocked the line entirely and they've urgently had to get me to replace and make some changes, initially I was going to install a sanivite for the kitchen sink separately however the way I'm routing the pipework allowed me to get a decent gravity feed for the kitchen sink and the wash basin (doesn't look great as surface in stairway but needs must).. The question is, I want to tee the sani into this gravity waste it will be 2inch by that time and tees in about 3/4 meters downstream of the kitchen sink and basin, then goes outside the property into the stack a couple meters (no other connections). The letting agent has flagged me saying that it must be on a separate line however I can't find any literature on this alleged building reg, the Saniflo instructions do not say that, they say if you have 2 sanis discharging into a pipe the pipe size must be at least 1 size larger and gravity, it will be 2 sizes larger (32mm sani) and gravity fed. The setup isn't ideal at all and is in itself a contravention, they should have a usable toilet without electric but it's not possible to run 4inch unfortunately. Thanks in advance.

You really want it to the stack, stops it pumping the wrong way and making a mess.
Thanks for the reply, against this advice I ended up teeing into the 2inch 🤪 as time was of the essence, I called Saniflo Technical and whilst he said the ideal scenario is on its own run you can as long as you (me) thinks the run can handle full flow, it was OK, kitchen sink doesn't gurgle.. yet, but if problems arise much less work is involved in bringing it to the stack on its own run now. Chances of it pumping back up to the sink is pretty low given the amount of pipework that would need to fill before it did that, time will tell but they have a kitchen sink and basin on gravity so won't need to be put into temp accomodation cos the sani packs up which is much better.

Thanks for the reply, against this advice I ended up teeing into the 2inch 🤪 as time was of the essence, I called Saniflo Technical and whilst he said the ideal scenario is on its own run you can as long as you (me) thinks the run can handle full flow, it was OK, kitchen sink doesn't gurgle.. yet, but if problems arise much less work is involved in bringing it to the stack on its own run now. Chances of it pumping back up to the sink is pretty low given the amount of pipework that would need to fill before it did that, time will tell but they have a kitchen sink and basin on gravity so won't need to be put into temp accomodation cos the sani packs up which is much better.
Just want to add I branched in on a Y so slightly better flow not a tee

Reply to SANIFLO discharge query in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock