Search the forum,

Discuss Saniflo Macerator issues please advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Acthell

Hi all you Macerator experts out there...

We have a Saniflo of approximately 4-5 years old. It was a replacement for the same type and requirement. This one has worked successfully for those years, it's a Sanitop serving a downstairs cloakroom - toilet and small basin. Nothing as far as I know has ever been put down the toilet. However, of late, the "grinding" is no longer working immediately after the flush ... Sometimes up to 10 minutes ... If you flush again before it grinds, the unit overflow and it is grinding every so often during periods of non use. Every so often of late, the unit seems to smell like sewage ...

is there anyway of servicing it or is it a replacement job? Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks Helen

Call the saniflow service dept. They're not a DIY servicable unit.

Could be an easy fix. I'll reply more later when Im home.

Welcome to the forums Helen. If it behaves normally when you use the basin it could be no more than excessive paper stuck in the toilet pan U-bend so the water slowly trickles into the Saniflo and a good rodding with the toilet brush could move it.

Otherwise come back and we can try another tactic. Presume you live in a hard water area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Saniflo Macerator issues please advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock