Search the forum,

Discuss Santon Premierplus unvented hot water system — intermittent discharge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xerxes

I have a Santon Premierplus unvented hot water system — Model number PP250B — which was installed in 2008.

The system provides DHW as intended.

The system has been serviced each year by a the plumber who installed it.

Before the last service the I noticed that the expansion valve of the cold water combination valve had operated.

I kept an eye on this. The discharge is intermittent. It can go for days without any discharge.

When the valve does discharge it reseats cleanly and does not drip.

On the scheduled service visit the plumber checked and topped up the charge pressure of the expansion vessel and carried out the other safety checks.

However the discharge problem occurred again a few days after his visit.

I’m curious to know why this intermittent discharge is happening as the plumber gave the system a clean bill of health.

I wonder if others have experienced this problem and if so what was the root cause and how did they cure it.

Thanking you in anticipation.

The installer didnt pay enough attention! Get him back. Is he actually qualified?

First question, is the discharge hot or cold? I know you said from the cold, but then said combination valve, so not sure, That gives direction as to what's causing the problem

First question, is the discharge hot or cold? I know you said from the cold, but then said combination valve, so not sure, That gives direction as to what's causing the problem

The discharge is cold.

The combination valve has two separate parts. The first is to reduce the pressure of the mains water into the system to 3.8 Bar. The other section is to release the system pressure if exceeds 6 Bar. It is this part which is operating intermittently.

Then let him deal with it. It's illegal for you to be touching it.

thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Santon Premierplus unvented hot water system — intermittent discharge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I can sometimes recover the usual water pressure by turning the hot and cold water taps on and off which seems very strange to me. There is no problem...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
hello we have an unvented system. we have an issue where the hot water is hot for 10 seconds and then luke warm, turn off taps / wait and turn back and it repeats itself. had boiler checked and told it was the expansion vessel. Had the expansion vessel drained and recharged. plumber told me...
Replies
Views
Hi, I hope someone can help. I’m hoping this isn’t a permanent problem. We’ve converted a gravity vented hot water system, into an unvented indirect hot water system to improve pressure in the house. The previous cylinders are in the loft now they’re in the garage next to the boiler. We...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the whole house is working as normal. Hot water is working as normal on the ground floor. However, there is no hot water to the first floor bathroom. This...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock