Discuss Santon Unvented System - hot water to tundish in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

da3533

Hello Everyone,

This has been happening for time now, well, since i bought the flat which was back last month. When ever the cylinder is fired, after around 10mins of boiling, the tun dish frequently drops water in a flow not drops, then later stops. After which, there is no further hot water from the taps.

I then checked the pressure on the vessel, even pushed the pin up and there is no air! I will be pumping it up today but As i can remember, the vessel should be 3.5bar air right or? and can i pump it without stopping the main supply of water?

Thanks
Dean

You MUST be g3 qualified. Your probably going to do it any way

get it recharged at the same time as its annual safety check is done, then you will know its safe to use and if theres any other problems.

ok thanks.

So far, i have found this:

when i check the pressure without any taps running etc, it is 0bar. However, when i use the tap water or flush the toilet, i re-check the pressure and its gained pressure to 2.3bar.
is this normal? i thought it should have 3.5bar at all times regardless..

thanks.

id strongly advised you get your G3 Qualified engineer to service/repair your system, as faulty operation can lead to injury or death

also no qualified person on this forum will provide you with details on how to carry out repairs that you SHOULD NOT be doing

id strongly advised you get your G3 Qualified engineer to service/repair your system, as faulty operation can lead to injury or death

also no qualified person on this forum will provide you with details on how to carry out repairs that you SHOULD NOT be doing

yes, i have read about how dangerous it can be to be honest. So thanks for the info, it is not worth it.

Ok, i will call in a G3 qualified engineer. However, i want to be able to have a good knowledge just in-case he states facts that is not true. Last time i called someone to check my gas boiler in my other house, he suggested to replace the whole system etc...

in a brief note, what is my problem? hot water flowing through the tundish.. tpv could be faulty, vessel has no pressure?
According to my understanding in science of the way this works, if the vessel has no or less pressure it will throw out cold water... if the system throws out hot water, it could even be the temperature stat for the cylinder, over heats the water... i just hope they dont rip me off.

Why don't you post your location and get a member from this forum to sort it for you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Santon Unvented System - hot water to tundish in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock