Discuss scaffold tubes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

is it possible to bend scaffold tubing, if so, what with?.
i dont think my pipe bender is up to it and i only have a 22mm slide.:6:

a hydraulic bender would be my choice of weapon, similar ones are used for mild steel pipe for heating, not too sure on the bending capabilities of scaffold tube anyway, why do you want to bend it though ?

ah ah,!
hire ones a good idea unless i find a local 'favour'.lol
side steps, seen the price of them?. i have all the gear apart from the bender to make me own...plus a few for fleabay.

Load it with dry sand, plug the ends, heat up and bend. There's a formula to work out but years since I did it. Summat along the lines of 5 x pipe O.D. is your heat length, this is split into thirds, so if you want the centre of the bend 3ft from the end, subtract a bore and a wall then mark the pipe (this will be the centre of the bend) Mark 1 third of the heat length towards the end you measured from and 2 thirds the other way. Get it cherry red and keep the outside of the bend heated while bending as it needs to stretch........... And if that works, mines a pint!

geez!!
if i heat it up then hold one end in my teeth, burn me fingers on the other end..........

sounds dangerous to me.lol. thanks for technique though but i think its a bit tough to do safely.

what do you class as a tight bend, quality?.

i only want to kick it in 40degrees so it goes under the cills then chop of to around 5'', i dont need a 90deg in it.

what you doing at the weekend?. i am coming past your way............or is it for sale?.:)

geez!!
if i heat it up then hold one end in my teeth, burn me fingers on the other end..........

sounds dangerous to me.lol. thanks for technique though but i think its a bit tough to do safely.

what do you class as a tight bend, quality?.

i only want to kick it in 40degrees so it goes under the cills then chop of to around 5'', i dont need a 90deg in it.

what you doing at the weekend?. i am coming past your way............or is it for sale?.:)
I am away this weekend but pm your number and we can maybe arrange another weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to scaffold tubes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock