Search the forum,

Discuss Scam alert to all you website owners in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jock Spanners

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Evening all,
I've just had a customer tell me how he was scammed last year whilst having block paving laid. Apparently he'd arranged for the work to be done (communicating with the builder via the builder's website). He then received an invoice asking for an advance payment to cover the cost of materials (£2500). The invoice was faultless and having previously agreed the price with the builder he paid it via BACS. Only it wasn't him - it was a scammer. Someone had hacked the builder's website and monitored his correspondence before forging an invoice and sending it via the website. The police investigated but drew a blank. My customer's bank only accepted partial responsibility and eventually gave him £800. The moral of the story is: get your techie to make sure your website is really secure. I just have.
Stay safe.

Jock

Scamming runts!

Why cant they put their skills to good use?

I'm now phoned twice a day by the Talk Talk scammers who want you to hold down the windows key and press R then type in a program address to which they use to send a virus to my computer which in turn remembers my passwords for internet banking. Another team then clears you out etc.

I enjoy toying with them now and actually welcome a call, I go from pure blind rage and the most obscence ville hate filled filth I can pour down the phone or simply to just talk calmly to them and make them feel bad "is this really what you want to do with your life, work for and be an f ing scammer"?

They then say.."who told you I was a scammer!" "i'm not a scammer" ha ha ha

I've been called a Mardarchod recently and now use that word against them, it means mf (have relations with your mother) but I think is more offensive to them than our mf word.

Hindi - that narrows it down to about a billion people. My father in law keeps them talking for hours pretending to comply with their instructions before asking: "Do I switch on now?". I just say: "Wait a minute please." Then I just leave them on the line and make a cup of tea and leave them waiting. If you ask for their number so you can ring them back that normally results in them instantly ringing off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Scam alert to all you website owners in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock