Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Schedule of rates newbuilds in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. leesparkykent

leesparkykent S. Mod

Hi all, I was wondering if any of you kind Sirs could point me in the right direction...Does a schedule of rates exist for new builds? For example you can get schedule of rates for electrical work, x amount per meter of cable, x amount per meter of containment installed in different scenarios. I was wondering if something similar existed for plumbing and heating? Thanks Lee

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

your looking around top end about 1k for first fix (plumbing and heating) and soils and around 250-300 for second fix

tbh theres not set amount just want the builders allow/pay

3. leesparkykent

leesparkykent S. Mod

Yeah I get that but I price lots of newbuild electrical work and there are guides to help out. I appreciate there are many variables etc but surely there must be something similar to the national schedule of rates?

4. ShaunCorbs

not that i know of

you thinking of doing the plumbing as well?

5. leesparkykent

leesparkykent S. Mod

It's very very early stages but we have the opportunity to take the work on for a reputable builder we've worked with for years. We are in negoations/talks With a good engineer/plumber we know to become a partner. We have the office, money in the bank, ability to get vans and the work etc so I'm just thinking out loud ATM really. Today I've just had the drawings dumped on my lap for a site of 30 houses, a block of 15 flats and a two very high end new builds (worth about 2 mill each when complete).

6. ShaunCorbs

if it pays and hes happy to watch over / do the plumbing side etc

go for it

• Like Like x 2
  7. leesparkykent

leesparkykent S. Mod

The only thing that really bothers me is he's always worked on firms so next to no experience on pricing etc.

8. ShaunCorbs

he knows how long a job will take and you know the pricing side im sure you can work something out

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Darren Jackson

Darren Jackson Plumber GSR

Check out the latest edition of HUTCHINS PRICED SCHEDULES 2018. I swore by it when I started up some 15yrs ago. Helped me to price up all works not just plumbing. I still occasionally use my 2003 edition today for reference and just adjust the price to today's rates. But at the end of the day I have a set figure nowadays how much I like to make in a day or I don't bother.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. leesparkykent

leesparkykent S. Mod

Thanks Darren, I'll take a look.

• Like Like x 1
  11. sammathias

sammathias Plumber GSR

1.3k for a full new build? Seems dirt cheap to me

12. ShaunCorbs

labour only

13. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Agree with you there bud i have a colleague who does them 3-4k labour is more like it depening on build 2-3 bed, also dont forget they tie you into a maintenance contract to put any faults right that may occur over a 1 year period dont matter what the fault is its down to you to repair dont get caught out all the best kop

14. sammathias

sammathias Plumber GSR

I did some last year for 2.5k each and they didn't think twice about the price. Not sure what others charge in the area.

• Like Like x 1
  15. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR

1.3k for new build labour only ! be out of business in under 12mths.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1