Search the forum,

Discuss scrap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smtplumbing

Once again I have a cake load of scrap am sure someone said they use a metal chop saw I think this would save so much time soo where is the cheapest to get them I know screw fix were doing them not bothered if I kill it as it will be worth it

Steven

as above, bout ÂŁ70, means you can fill an old tank to the brim nice n tidy as and when and not have to clear yr van out to get it to the scrappies.

Is the scrap prices good just now not sure to go for the metal one or the mix use saw

i got the evo rage from screwfix. its all about the blade. the saw is usually about 50 quid at screwfix and comes with a tct blade that rips through metal as well as wood.
if you want to use it for other stuff (they come in very handy for bathrooms) then its probably worth getting a dearer model as they have larger capacity for cross cutting timber and boards.

I use a sheet metal guilotine i bought off ebay for ÂŁ30.00 works really well. I know you can prob do it quicker with a chop saw but im bit wary of it kicking back and me copping an unfortunate one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to scrap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Evening All, Been having on and off issues with a Greenstar CDI classic Combi were the hot water is not heating up but only intermittently. Some days/ weeks it’s fine and works fine all of the time but on the odd occasion it’s been running cold in the following sequence. It fires up the boiler...
Replies
Views
I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the normal radiators get hot but two of the three towel heater/radiators don't get hot and the pipes feeding them are cool to the touch even after the boiler...
Replies
Views
My father has a parkray fire which has a back boiler . He had a leaky radiator, when he was attempting to fix leak the circulating pump (grundfos) was making a rattling noise this stopped once the radiator leak was fixed ( he lost a fair bit of water ) . The problem being now is that the...
Replies
Views
RobinA
R
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
So, in theory, a toilet with integrated bidet (spray wand) sounds like a nice idea. Cleaning with water feels more hygienic, saves paper. But what about practice, can someone with experience tell me: Are you supposed to use them for the full clean, or are you supposed to wipe normally and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock