Search the forum,

Discuss Scum around bath and basin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in a soft water area, the kettle for instance is as new after many years, no scale.
However the wash hand basin and bath always have a scum left around them after draining like you expect in a hard water area. All types of soap, same result.
I have a combi boiler, an Ideal, previous boiler was a Worcester.
It has been suggested that it is because of the way the water to water exchanger works in a combi which somehow changes the way the water reacts with the soap.

Bit of a strange one but has anyone have any knowledge of this please?

New one on me bud , just cut back on how much soap and shampoo you use hand washing a pea size amount of liquid soap , shampoo , shower gel a teaspoon amount , shaving not alot you can do except grow a beard :eek:sama:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Scum around bath and basin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock