Discuss Sealing a flue through a fibreglass roof in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Has anyone had to do this? A roofer was installing a new fibreglass roof and said he cannot seal the flue with a flat roof collar to the fibreglass.
Expects me to do the job. He is the roofer so surely he should know how to hey? But alas, I need to work out how this is done.

Cheers

Has anyone had to do this? A roofer was installing a new fibreglass roof and said he cannot seal the flue with a flat roof collar to the fibreglass.
Expects me to do the job. He is the roofer so surely he should know how to hey? But alas, I need to work out how this is done.
Cheers

I wouldn’t know how, but have you tried the roof manufactures tech helpline or boiler manu helpline?

i dont see why not so that means you cant install a grp roof when theres a stack pipe going through it

sounds lazy

The way i've done it with sold fuel (large 8" od pipe) is get the roofers to raise a bit of 4x2 timber in a sort of box shape and glass up to it in a sloping fashion then fit a dektite over the top.

I've tried to flash band flat aluminium flashings or lead and it allways fails i assume from the expansion on glass??

I've allways wondered if theirs no ceiling in yet, stuff a builders bucket up in through the ply and glass up the side of the bucket then remove it afterwards.......

Hope this helps

Reply to Sealing a flue through a fibreglass roof in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock