Search the forum,

Discuss Self-Employed Plumbers - Advertising Question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SeanWinf

Hi just wondering what people do to advertise there services? looked into local papers but how many people keep the paper incase they need something! so just wondering what else there is?

just read your other post, stick to the welding! at least til you are qualified. pretending to be a plumber when all you can do is change a couple of tap washers isn't a good idea.

you will need good public liability insurance if you do go ahead or you could personally get sued when it all goes ti*s up and you flood a house.

i think that sharing our advertising strategies with someone who is neither confident or competent is a big no no.

get yourself to college and you will find us very obliging, but carrying on as a nutter with a book isn't gonna endear you with the crowd in here

this isnt anything todo with my other thread, all iam asking is about advertising on this 1 so if theres a problem keep it to that 1, only asking advice! if you dont have anything helpful to say dont say it please

advertising for a service you aren't qualified to deliver and you want our help??? SERIOUSLY

seeing as you are teaching yourself plumbing from a book, why don't you go and buy another book about advertising

iam not teaching myself from a book, i was asking about learning the basics from a book before i went to college! i was also looking into advertising for the furture so its not all together, whats wrong with looking into things??

I spent ages waiting for customers. I find that advertising looks great when you see an advert but how many times do we buy anything or a service purely because we've seen an advert in the local paper.

The only time it works is when you're advertising week in, week out and that becomes really expensive. You're picking up one of the few people who need a plumber and it just happens to be Thursday when the paper's printed and they happen to remember that plumbers advertise there. As for Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri, Sat and Sun they look in Yellow Pages or on the internet or 50%(?) of the time ask a friend for a recommendation.

Most of my customers are from recommendation, a few from my van and the remainder from my website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Self-Employed Plumbers - Advertising Question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock