Search the forum,

Discuss service a megaflow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gravytrain

hi just had an email enquiry - do i service megaflows, from my local council, so i'm keen to follow this up.

well i've got my G3, but in 3 1/2 years i've only worked in about 6 properties with unvented cylinders and never been asked to fit one.

whats involved with seviceing a megaflow, if anyone doesn't want to post this public just pm me.

depends on what the councils contract allows/states i should imagine it would consist of checking tprv/charcoal filters/pressure reducer/ pressure relief drain and re charge air gap if applicable. is the tundish present is the discharge pipe correct size and termination. is the resetable stat ok if not why not. i know some local authoritys demand terminal guards over the discharge outlet. id think of it as a preventative maintenance and safety check. could be a nice little earner would def follow that up. maybe a reply e-mail stating you do carry out such works, and do they have a current schedule for compliance in place, or are they looking to implement one.

the strainer?

assuming the ment megaflows in the email then why not check on the megaflow web site or give them a call for service instructions?

Last edited:
have been led to believe that some multifunction controls contain an activated carbon/charcoal filter.

Not heard of that, will have to dig deep and find out more, I just thought they were a simple gauze filter. We live and learn lol

Not heard of that, will have to dig deep and find out more, I just thought they were a simple gauze filter. We live and learn lol

dont get me wrong i may be mistaken. but seems plausible

I thought charcoal filters were for filtering air i.e in cooker hoods and air exhausts and mesh gauzes for water/liquids?

strainer's normally have stainless steel screen if i remember correctly. afterall its mains water and must be made of a suitable material as to not contaminate the supply so i dont think charcoal would be suitable.

i've had a megaflow for 10 years, never touched it since it was installed, well not true, i've recharged the bubble a few times.
the service instructions say, check the operation of both safety valves and clean the strainer on the combi valve, thats about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to service a megaflow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I'm a (somewhat, I hope...) competent DIYer and just want to get some advice if my suspicion on a problem we're having is correct. We had a Megaflo and boiler professionally installed as part of a renovation a couple of years ago. I will add all of the pipework was done by this...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm a competent DIYer with an engineering background and am active in Heritage Buildings. I never touch anything I'm not allowed to albeit I've worked on the wet side of my own heating on the central heating circuit before when I had a combi - balancing rads, add a Fernox TF1, washing...
Replies
Views
Hi all, So I did a job for a customer recently which involved swapping out an incredibly dangerous and poorly installed unvented hot water cylinder installation. It was my first time installing an UHWC by myself as I've recently started my own business. Before I started the job I realised that...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
Hello. I hope someone here has the expertise to help. I know exactly what situation it took awhile. On the loft on the 6th floor there is a cold water tank this tank feeds six properties in a straight line below my property is on the third floor so in the middle. The job would entail...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock