Search the forum,

Discuss Service expansion vessel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOSSEP

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Anyone know how to service one other than check the pressure and top up if required?

A client has had a Legionella inspection carried out and has said that the hot water system should have the vessel serviced, mentioned something about bacteria growing in it. Would taking it out fiushing it with chlorine work?

Me too, its been flagged as high risk in their legionella risk assessment though so need stop be done!

Is the feed at the bottom or top? Limited knowledge but they deem all "upside down" ones as a risk as they don't naturally flush I think.

Potential Expansion vessel contamination seems to be the flavour of the month, (or year), now.
I've had it a few times on the sites I visit.

Advice from the Water auditors is;

The vessel should be bottom feed as CH-4 said,
Have a Drain off cock in line followed by a gate, service or other valve.
Then regularly isolate the vessel and allow it to self drain through the Doc. recording the event of course.

would it not be bad practice to have a valve before the vessel? Could be a danger if someone turned it off by mistake.

would it not be bad practice to have a valve before the vessel? Could be a danger if someone turned it off by mistake.

And Yes.

But if you're talking about Legionella inspections / surveys, that's non Domestic systems where the risks and consequences of contamination are greater.
But the risk of interference with the system is lower due to secured plantrooms etc.

It'll be a lockshield type valve so that a tool is required to turn it off. Common practice on commercial EV'S.

What are the odds don't see moss for a while then I spy him in London and a few days later he's in

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Service expansion vessel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock