Search the forum,

Discuss service valves or not in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Refurbishing a bathroom - cold water is mains fed, hot from combi. There is a main service valve to the whole system where the supply enters the house. Do I need to have service valves on bathroom sink, shower and bath? Normally if I have to repair/replace anything I just shut off the main valve.

Depends on the type of kit / sanitary

Showers and baths no

Toilets and basins yes if you can access them afterwards

Personally I think they're pointless. They leak for fun and more often than not you end up replacing them as well as the tap you are isolating.
As above, if they are easily accessible afterwards and you turn them once a year to keep them active, it might be seen as good practice by some.

Reply to service valves or not in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock