Search the forum,

Discuss Shape of Central Heating Vent Pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

glasganny

Greeting learned ones,

I have moved to a new house which has a pressurised central heating system. I wish to change this to a vented one as I want to install a solid fuel back boiler.

The current oil boiler is outside the house and the feed and return pipes go up the side of the house, through the attic, and then come down to feed two manifolds which then feed the rads and hot water cylinder.

I was in the attic and the max clearance from the feed and return pipes is about 2 feet. Both feed and return are 1 inch pipes.

My question is can the vent pipe have an upward spiral shape? This would provide the required length but in much less space. I do not want to have to raise the roof and any suggestions on how to resolve this dilemma would be very gratefully accepted.

Many Thanks.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shape of Central Heating Vent Pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock