Discuss Shorn pipe connector in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. Trying to fix a water pipe connection on my narrowboat and of course I made it worse! Is there any way of removing the shorn part of the two way male connector (don't know the name for it) from within the pipe? Please see attached photo for reference. The right side of the nut was the same as the intact part on the left. The right side is now completely within the pipe. Please note, the pipe is more or less inaccessible.

Thanks in advance!

20170919_161759.jpg

Shorn off, snapped off yes?
Don`t know if you can buy a screw extractor that size or can you use a hacksaw blade and gently cut the broken bit in two places (say 6 and 3 on a clock face) and try and reduce the pressure on the joint that way. Maybe another photo of the pipe if you can.
easy out set - Google Search

Hi, belated reply I know, but thanks for the advice; the hacksaw blade technique worked perfectly! As an interesting side note, the connector is called a 'nipple adapter' apparently. Don't know who names these things. Thanks again!

Reactions: rpm
Hi, belated reply I know, but thanks for the advice; the hacksaw blade technique worked perfectly! As an interesting side note, the connector is called a 'nipple adapter' apparently. Don't know who names these things. Thanks again!
Glad you got it sort Wil,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shorn pipe connector in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back