Search the forum,

Discuss Shower arm fitting not square in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Just had first fix of concealed shower valve. The wall plate elbows that will feed a shower arm and bath spout are not quite level. So the shower arm will not be horizontal and neither will the bath spout. Plumbers been back but still not right. They tell me there will be a couple of mill play when final fit. Cant see that myself.

I've tried to pack out behind wall plates but no good. Any ideas before cement board and tiling?

Thanks in advance.

Yep, leave it to the plumber and stop interfering unless you want to upset him!
You have raised your point with him and he will expect you to check it again at the end and before paying so wait and see.

Yep, leave it to the plumber and stop interfering unless you want to upset him!
You have raised your point with him and he will expect you to check it again at the end and before paying so wait and see.

So I pay the plasterer to board it up, and replaster the room. Then get the tiler to install the mosaic tiles we've ordered. The plumber comes back and installs the shower arm and spout and I'm not happy with how it looks. Mmm not sure about that. If theres nothing I can do now then I think I would prefer to upset him!

Thanks anyway.

Great you got it sorted. Now if you’re going to do mosaics in a shower - get the ‘manager’ to stop the plasterer and board the shower with an appropriate board instead....

As above glad you got it sorted but mosaics in a shower the walls need tanking not plastering , or better still use a wetroom system check out our sponsors systems and use waterproof tile backer boards . Kop

Great you got it sorted. Now if you’re going to do mosaics in a shower - get the ‘manager’ to stop the plasterer and board the shower with an appropriate board instead..
Hi Ben-Gee, the shower is being boarded with cement board - no more ply then sealed. The remainder of bathroom is being skimmed. Will that be OK with mosaics?

Depends what you seal it with....

Tape and fill joints (using proper tape not plasterers’ skim) then seal with acrylic primer.

Wall needs to be bang on flat for mosaics - in my opinion they look either the best tiles or the worst entirely depending on the skill of the fixer and the preparation carried out.
Good luck.

Would advise against mosaic inside the enclosure. Much more work to keep clean. It's the grout lines that hold moisture and promote mould growth. It should be put to the cleaning department of the household but I have and would advise against. My 2p

Thanks for feedback. Problem sorted. Manager agreed poor job - no attention to detail. Reset pipework. Customer happy, manager happy, plumber not ☹
Congrats indeed in getting a manager and the plumber to both attend and recitfy the problem on a first fix between 16.50 and 19.00hrs on a Friday. ;)

Reply to Shower arm fitting not square in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock