Search the forum,

Discuss Shower flange with spring inside and I've messed up the spindle in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm totally clueless about plumbing but watched a bunch of YouTube videos and thought changing a washer to stop a leaky shower would be simple enough. I was stumped at the first hurdle and couldn't seem to get the flange off. There's a spring and two plastic parts on the spindle, preventing it from coming off.

Following some other instructions online I used a cloth and wrench to turn the spindle anticlockwise many times. I soon realised that it was a bad idea as it simply caused it to poke out further than the other one. I went clockwise to try and rectify my mistake but it's still protruding too much for me to put the tap back on properly.

I know I'm a numpty. Any advice on what I should do, aside from calling in a pro? Do I continue to turn the spindle clockwise? How can I remove the flange with the spring please?

Attachments

• IMG_20220323_202257688.jpg
    IMG_20220323_202257688.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 7

Reply to Shower flange with spring inside and I've messed up the spindle in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock