Discuss Shower pump failure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

richardd

VENTED SYSTEM

I recently looked at a job where the shower pump has failed it is only 8 weeks old.

The pump is located in the attic at the same level as the storage tank. The shower rose is ceiling mounted about 400mm below tank level.

The hot to the pump is feed from the cylinder ( located on floor below ) . The cold is feed TO THE PUMP is from the storage tank ( which is at the same level ).

I have room to raise the tank 300-400 mm will this sort the problem or is there something else going on .

The instructions for the pump states the storage tank should be at least 100 mm above tank.

Is there enought pressure for the hot to rise to the attic to feed the pump ?

PLEASE HELP.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure tom. Whats the difference and the theory behind your reply. Thanks

If I go to the center of the eves in the attic I could raise the storage tank maybe 1000mm.

would this help . Its a big job to move the cylinder its in a small cupboard just below the attic at floor level.

The pump is pulling hot up from the cylinder then distributing it to the shower mixer valve 400 mm below pump level

re-locate pump?
what would be the ideal location for best performance.

It would be easier to raise the tank as it is a large attic ( would this work ) there really isnt anywere below to put the pump except in the cylinder cupboard ( which is tight for space )

I've never fitted one myself. But next to the cylinder might be a good idea. So you can position it below both hot and cold draw-off's.

I've never fitted one myself. But next to the cylinder might be a good idea. So you can position it below both hot and cold draw-off's.

I suppose floor level would be best to get maximum pressure feeding pump.

I have just seen the manufactures instruction on google. On the diagram it shows the pump above the cylinder in the attic and the cold storage tank 100 minimum above it.

So I think I will just raise the cold storage tank as high as I can above the pump (as the cold storage and pump r sitting level at the minute ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower pump failure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock