Search the forum,

Discuss shower vs waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
installed a shower tray/screen and mixer shower that customer supplied few weeks ago in what was an empty house at the time of install . When i installed the tray i poured a bucket of water down the waste to check it drained ok and it did. Few days later after the tiler had done his thing i fitted the rest mixer and screen .

Several weeks have gone past and had an email asking me to make final checks at the house as they are due to move in and noticed the water was not draining away so plunged away and seeme to clear the drain .

However when i run the shower the water builds up in the tray so do these power showers sometimes hoof out more water than the waste can discharge?

I am sure the blockage has gone as when turn shower off it drains ok

thats what im thinking something has gone down it however its now a finished bathroom :/

however like i say when i turn shower off it clears fine

There will be a nice smooth coating of adhesive and grout on the bottom half of the trap restricting its flow.

I had this problem with a B&Q shower waste that was supplied. I had to cut down the part if the trap that's removable for cleaning. It was restricting the flow too much

they supplied it mate

it drains fine if i just pour water down trap and fills tray up minute i turn the shower on

Just take the trap bucket out so your left with the part that has the hole for discharge and see if its a improvement. If it is the bucket that holes hair etc needs cutting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to shower vs waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock