Search the forum,

Discuss Siamp toilet innards - which replacement? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brewg1rl

Hi to all you lovely plumbing chaps and ladies.
My question
The Siamp dual flushing skipper 45 is the current fitment. Someone else on these forums recommends to replace with a fluidmaster, but they did not say which one.
I need the correct dual flushing one, so that I can buy an equivilant. OH does like to do his bit with the short flush.
Everyone who has slated these siamp mechanisms is correct. We seem to have lost 2 little bits on one side so that it no longer seals correctly at the bottom end. So cistern will not fill up but runs all time etc.
Thanking anyone who can help in advance.
Frances.:confused:

fluid master only make one and thats a dual flush,fit and forget,while your in there put the ballvalve in the bin as well and fit a fluid master pro

fluid master only make one and thats a dual flush,fit and forget,while your in there put the ballvalve in the bin as well and fit a fluid master pro
So are you saying to replace everything inside the actual cistern?

If you E mail Siamp they send spares free all the way from Geneva or somewhere like that , great PR showing customer the package label and the trouble you have gone to !

If you E mail Siamp they send spares free all the way from Geneva or somewhere like that , great PR showing customer the package label and the trouble you have gone to !
Surely I'd need a proof of purchase for a claim like that? The original plumber bathroom assembler has it. Don't even know if he is still a plumber?
Anyway I have now ordered the complete fluid master duo flush/floats combo from Amazon. Meanwhile we have just the one working loo.
But I do appreciate you advising. Similar problem with the Aqualisa shower we had fitted. They needed a proof, but I did not have it, so could not obtain a free replacement.

Just thought I'd update all you lovely peeps. A new fluidmaster complete inside set has been fitted and is flushing very nicely indeed. The hardest part was having to saw the Siamp plastic cistern clip off. I just could not undo it by using wrench. So it was a case that I had to cut it away and use brute force to get it off. Other than that part, easy peasy pudden squeezy.
So a BIG thanks to those that helped.

Further to earlier replacement, the toilet is now leaking when you flush. OH tightened all fitting up and it lessened, but is till doing it. Would I be correct in thinking that I need to replace the rubber ring thing that goes between the cistern and the bottom bit of the loo where they join? Sorry do not know tech terms.
Thanks for help in advance.

the doughnut is the term i use and yes i would replace it also
Hi
I bought a d nut rubber ring yesterday. But I wondered are there more than one type. Focus DIY seemed to think not. Am only asking as the one bought seems harder, but the chap said that's how they come and it is the tightening of nuts and fittings + cistern weight and water that flattens them out and thus changes the shape.
I know it might sound an odd question, but I just need to know.
Frances.

Hi Frances,

No it should be fine just pop it in but test it first before fully filling as you dont want it leaking everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Siamp toilet innards - which replacement? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock