Discuss siphon not 'man enough' for European toilet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennie

Gas Engineer
Hi all,
I fitted a new siphon into a European toilet (weird thing I'd never seen before, with a donut but no close-coupling kit and a 12mm?? connection to the cold feed).
It's since not flushed properly. The water empties quickly from the cistern into the pan, and the cistern empties (having been up to its line before), but doesn't have the power to push toilet paper down. It's feeble.
There don't appear to be any blockages - a bucket of water tipped into the pan sent the toilet paper down fine.
She mentioned that another toilet in the house had behaved the same after being fixed (not by me).
I advised my customer the reason was most likely due to the UK siphon not being 'man enough' to cope with a European toilet, and that a new UK toilet was needed. This was the conclusion in my local plumbers merchant.
Was I talking rubbish to her?
Would love to hear your thoughts.
Thanks,
Jennie

As above . May have been siphonic and if the bomb has been removed the water will be escaping down the air pipe,

do you have photos of the previous set up ? I made the same mistake when I started, like most people do !!

Hi all,
This is the closest pic I could find online. It didn't seem much different inside - despite the bulky base, the toilet connector was in the normal place - kind of in the middle of the bottom of the base. It was a push button type. The 'siphon?' I took out appeared quite similar in design to the Fluidmaster that I put in.
Thanks for your advice,
Jennie

9k=

Might not be opening fully if its not set at the correct height.
Does it have a cable to operate or rods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to siphon not 'man enough' for European toilet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello! I was checking something in the toilet cistern. I flushed, but holding the float ball, so the cistern wouldn't be filled. With a very low...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled...
Replies
Views
N
Hi I've had a new bathroom plumbed and an en suite in the room next door. All new plumbing to the outside sewer along one wall, plumber had free...
Replies
Views
My toilet flush is very weak & can't really even flush a few sheets of toilet paper away. A syphon flush, not a flapper. Up until a few days ago...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone Here's one for you..... We have a DIY ensuite (put in by previous owners). Miles from waste stack, so SaniPro services toilet, sink...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock