Search the forum,

Discuss site managers/quantity surveyors/contract managers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

so-solar

Are there any contract managers/quantity surveyors that deal with plumbing and heating quotations on this site?

i was just wondering if anybody can give me some direction when applying for an invite to tender!

Just apply. Depending who the work is for you may need to do a prequal (just a list of things you are qualified in, bodies you are registered with (like CLE, Construction Line etc) H&S stuff etc etc.
You will as you probably know, if accepted, be presented with a BoQ's to fill out. If you have never done this or seen one before it can look quite daunting. It is not really, just a total breakdown of the work. Time consuming to fill out though.
One way to approach it is price the work as you would normally then break it down. There are a few things you may not understand that will be on it.
You can get a QS to fill it out for you but it will cost you whether you are successful or not.

Hi. As Tamz suggests a QS would be more than helpful (there are more of them than plumbers looking for work at present) From my own experience, getting prepared with some paperwork and calling on prospective clients rather than sending begging letters worked. By allowing personality into the equation both parties get a feel for the situation, you either click or you dont. But what ever way it will build confidence and prepare you better for the next presentation. If you get lucky a good QS will be needed to brief you on pricing, contracts, payment schedules and the important area of when work differs from that of contract. Good Luck in the mine field. tread with caution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to site managers/quantity surveyors/contract managers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. I just wondered whether any of you are currently doing any site work on a price? Only on the plumbing side no gas. Things like cylinder installs, 1st fixing and 2nd fixing. I know this will vary across the country, I’m based in the midlands. Any advice would be helpful. Cheers
Replies
Views
Hi all. We have underfloor heating on a couple of levels in our house. One floor was not heating and I asked advice from a plumber we have used before. I sent him pictures of the manifold in question. While this was going on I switched off fuses and replaced batteries etc. The heating has kicked...
Replies
Views
I’m due to finish my level 2 next year and I am looking for a plumbers mate work to gain some more experience, I have a basic theory knowledge in plumbing and still learning I’m currently looking to improve on the practical side on site. Is there any plumbers looking for someone? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, we had UFH installed dowstairs in our house recently, and I'm not 100% sure that it's connected correctly. I'd be grateful if someone could have a look at the diagrams and tell me if what the plumber did makes sense. The house is heated with an A2W Samsung/Joule heatpump. The buffer...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 5 bed house with underfloor heating on all 3 floors.I also have converted attic. UFH was installed in year 2000. I want to put low temp rads in attic (it currently has no heating!) and feed water from UFH on floor below. Question 1: Is this a sensible approach? Question 2: Is this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock