Search the forum,

Discuss slight leak from bath tap tail connector in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

defender1007

Hi,
Noticed slight black water stain on edge of ceiling and top of wallpaper in lounge. Identified this as directly beneath bath on upper floor Removed bath panel and could see slight leak from hot tap pipe where it connects to tap tail.(furthest away and hardest to get to). I am thinking it is the fibre washer. I intend to investigate/replace the washer but wondered if I should use any sealant or PTFE tape around the fibre washer to ensure a completely water tight connection. Any thoughts?

Stick the new washer in your mouth while you unscrew the tap. That way it is moist and 'swollen up' before being used

Just remember to try get all the old washer out so no uneven surfaces when the new one goes in,

Just remember to try get all the old washer out so no uneven surfaces when the new one goes in,

Thanks for advice. Had another visual at tap connection prior to starting the job today and noticed that the pipework is 15mm brown plastic and joints and tap connector are brown pushfit to pipe and metal connector to tap tail. After looking on the web it seems that these joints are "Acorn" and are early Hep20?? Looking at new Hep20 joints tap connectors have a rubber seal washer. I am going to have to undo the tap connector and see what I have (felt washer or Rubber) and get replacement. Has anyone worked with this Acorn gear and any problems. Incidently pipe feeding from floor to brown pipe connector is 15mm black pipe connected with an old Hep20 grey pushfit conector. Seems a real mismatch of pipes and joints!! The house is only 22 years old!!!

Thanks for advice.
Incidently pipe feeding from floor to brown pipe connector is 15mm black pipe connected with an old Hep20 grey pushfit conector. Seems a real mismatch of pipes and joints!! The house is only 22 years old!!!

Builder with surplus pie work from different jobs and not willing to bin so just mismatch and use the lot. No wastage;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to slight leak from bath tap tail connector in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock