Discuss So what really goes on at these TOOL-FAIRS... A small insight into Tool buying.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

365drills

TOOLFAIRS - WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM THEM?

365-DRILLS ARE Back from Manchester Toolfair and as you can see.

IT WAS A LOT OF HARD WORK.
Wheew...

314107_10150863415752014_495283148_n.jpg

556113_10150863416072014_1782173736_n.jpg

550675_10150863415052014_445595394_n.jpg

382414_10150863416427014_651301462_n.jpg

Next one is going to be Ricoh Football Stadium COVENTRY

20th and 21st September 2012.

After that its

Sandown Race course in Surrey on November 8th and 9th.

But for Gas Installers and Plumbers there is also Installer LIVE! at NEC on 14 15 16 November

[video=youtube;TZDi-AY1SGc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZDi-AY1SGc&list=UUoJNaIPLZgSte1xN-JvyF9g&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
ive come to the conclusion manchester tilers are much better looking than those in london

They drink more.... (well they did on the night out I went on)

Went to one in Exeter thought it was a waste of time, and could buy tools they were selling cheeper elsewere,

Agreed with JTSplumbing. Some of these show "bargains" can cost more elsewhere. In my opinion the show is best for tool testing.

If you have your eye on something expensive then go along and try it out. Do some comparisons. Check the features. Ask the salesmen questions.

But dont buy!!

Another thing that can be good to do is to take along catalogues (like the screwfix) to price compare on general items.

There has been a real shift now in people coming to look but not buy. Lots and lots of people just want a leaflet, a chat and a bit of a day out.

(Hence the fun with the girls, footballs, games) and no real spending is done on stand. After all lots of guys dont want to lug heavy equipment - even to their vans outside !!!

My advice is to go. To look. And then to buy later. It goes against the grain (lots of these salesmen are on commision)
The other thing to do is sometime to get them to bulk up on freebies and extras if you do decide to buy.

At the end of the day price is a factor in anything but I guess the shows are trying to provide a service by bringing together big name manufacuters who often like to showcase their latest equipment to make sure you get to see if first. But I am convinced that the days of "bargains" have gone.

Maybe they should start "Factory clearance shows..." So instead of cutting edge new equipment its a show to get rid of obsolete stock??? Hmmm an Idea !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to So what really goes on at these TOOL-FAIRS... A small insight into Tool buying.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock