Search the forum,

Discuss Social Housing Contract advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gmac

Hi, I am starting a contract for social housing and there is a requirement to carry out small alteration (extend 300mm - 600mm) to gas supply to cooker connections.

Some properties are going to have tenants freestandings cookers connected and others left for connection at later date.
Properties have Baxi BBU's installed.

Am I required to inspect BBU upon reinstating gas supply and carry out flue flow and spillage tests etc or just ensure it operating?

Due to cookers belonging to tenants and on bayonet connections, is it their responsibility to disconnect and reconnect?

Am I rerquired to carry out inspection on the tenants cookers?

Am I required to issue landlord safety cert or gas safety inspection form?

Thanks

what are they paying you, then look at what youll be doing

Probably very little, was initially just plumbing work to be carried out and this is being thrown into mix, have to sort price, never worked for social housing before, always just private customers, private landlords. Is it a case of tt after alteration of pipework and issue cp12 and note appliances and in sections inspected and serviced just note no, but then i can't confirm if its safe to use or not

Last edited by a moderator:
Have u been asked to carry out a cp12 on each property ? Is there one already on the property.?? There should be if housing. If. You are only contracted to extend pipes then there must be a legal cp12 already on the property. If so carry out your work with usual TT and visual checks on any other gas appliance.

Have u been asked to carry out a cp12 on each property ? Is there one already on the property.?? There should be if housing. If. You are only contracted to extend pipes then there must be a legal cp12 already on the property. If so carry out your work with usual TT and visual checks on any other gas appliance.

I'm sure there is an existing cp12, but as I'm going to be altering the gas supply (minimal, i know) then am I not required to re-issue a new cert??

If you're not doing a landlords cert, it's just a visual inspection of them. But because you're interrupting the gas supply, a tightness test will need to be completed, and then re-light all appliances and check FSD. On the CP12, you would put yes for inspected, no for serviced. So you are then saying they are visually looking safe to use. And obviously jot down any unsafe sits that you find.

If you're not doing a landlords cert, it's just a visual inspection of them. But because you're interrupting the gas supply, a tightness test will need to be completed, and then re-light all appliances and check FSD. On the CP12, you would put yes for inspected, no for serviced. So you are then saying they are visually looking safe to use. And obviously jot down any unsafe sits that you find.

No requirement to carry out flue tests on bbu then, With ref to tenants cookers am i required to fit stability chains if not present or note it as fault?

Any time i do work on gas now whether it be rented or not i ALWAYS right out a gas safety check , on the appliance im working on and a visual with those im not, unless its rented and doesnt have the cp12 , but if it does have a cp12 and i alter the gas pipe i fill out one of my gas safety checks , which covers pipework TT and everything else whats in landlord pad, if any issues then all are documented as neccassary and the landlord made aware and if things like stability brackets then i would ncs unless cooker real unstable and ask landlord if hed like me to fit one, it isnt up to me unless hes gonna pay for it,

Best thing to do is to check with the housing association. Some want checks doing on every visit, regardless of if it's switching a clock on or a lot of work. Others won't. If it were me, the HA I work on don't need that so would just be a tt and then duty of care visual when you have put the gas back on. You also need to check what they want with the cooker point, as we plug them off and it's then down to the tenant to get the cooker fitted. Having said that, if the cooker is already fitted, I suspect they'd want you to connect it back up and just visually check it.

As has been said check with the HA as some I've worked for wanted a full llgsc doing if they don't it's a tt and test gas cooker if installing and then visual inspection and relight on any other appliances in the house.

read the technical bulletin about visual risk assessments TB012, follow this with the other appliances and your fine. If you do a gas cert record visual risk assessment all ok. If any fault is found follow GIUSP. If you alter pipework to a cooker and refit the cooker it must be commissioned to the MI/ BS.

I work in the social housing sector we issue certificates for everything. You need to cover your back all the time, the slightest thing wrong and the tenants will be on to the no win no fee brigade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Social Housing Contract advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock