Search the forum,

Discuss Soil pipe connections and flow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Chaps & Chapesses
One the the many projects the lovely lady at home has lined up for me is a house extension, now that bit i shall leave to "professionals" but .. and here is the question.
- in my garden i have a live sewer connection point, i assume that there was supposed to be a house built on the garden as part of the housing development that never got built
- I have tested this and all appears OK, tested with water and loo roll and seeing how long it takes to appear at the manhole
- when the extension is built i will have an external SVP, not ideal, but too long a story to explain why
- The SVP will be approx 2m from connection point
Question
- do i just put a shallow bend (rest bend?) at the bottom of the SVP?
- run a further pipe at a shallow angle to another bend and connect up? What angle of drop?
- where i am connecting up should i put in a junction and then a rodding point?

Thanks
Andy

use a short sweep bend at the bottom of the stack, fit an access pipe at the bottom of the stack. A fall of 1 in 40 should be fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Soil pipe connections and flow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock