Search the forum,

Discuss Soil Stack Connection Collapsing at Offset Gully in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

S80

Hi Guys,

The next job on my list is sorting out this mess, where the soil stack meets gully:

soil_1.jpg

From above, you can just about see that the (clay) gully is tight up against the wall, so is offset from the soil pipe centreline - which probably hasn't helped:

soil_2.jpg

The connection has been made via some sort of flexible section, but it's now in poor condition:(

What's the best way to sort this out, assuming I don't want to move the gully! The stack is attached to the wall with standard clips:

soil_3.jpg

Many thanks,
David

That looks like a pan connector to me and a bodge of a job!

I would want to have a dig around the bottom to check what's actually their, then replace the P/C with a suitable fitting for both the plastic soil and whatever is in the ground.

As to trying to put a fitting in to straighten that up I would check what's in the ground and try and sort from their.

Many thanks for your advice, Ch4. Yes, I think 'bodge' is the correct technical term - I'm gradually working my way through them in our 'new' house. Why don't people just 'do the right thing' in the first place? It might cost a few more £££, but the extra is usually only a small % of the overall cost. Grrr!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Soil Stack Connection Collapsing at Offset Gully in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock