Discuss solid board cutter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyplumb

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
anyone else used these soild board cutters soild board cutter.jpg plug.jpg

i bought one a few weeks back, i've used it a few times and it does what it says on the tin.
it's great if you only need a small access hole for say feeding a pipe or a cable, saves a bit of time imo

i've seen them but not had cause to use them as yet. must say they look very handy especially the lip cutter for the replacement lid.

I've seen them but the hole is a bit small to do anything much through.

One of my joiner mates has one of these.
[video=youtube;VBPNjgfYQos]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBPNjgfYQos[/video]
Good but expensive.

I just do it my own way.

thats some cool routin!

ive used the drill type with good sucess, its very handy for fixing leaks of single points/fittings.

Electrician I know has one, doesn't use it anymore after burning out the cutter (too fast me thinks). I just use my fein and some 2" x 1" slaters lathe to trim the hole.

I've seen them but the hole is a bit small to do anything much through.

One of my joiner mates has one of these.
[video=youtube;VBPNjgfYQos]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBPNjgfYQos[/video]
Good but expensive.

I just do it my own way.
i've just checked ebay, ÂŁ34 for the router kit [ kit only] is not too bad, the rings are expensive though ÂŁ65 for 10

I've got the routabout. Does a lovely neat job and there's not much chance of nicking services under the floor either.

rip saw again lol use it for everything wood, dont know how i survived without one

There are at least two sizes 120mm diameter (Silverline, from Toolstation etc) and 140mm (Armeg)

As the cutter blade is deeper than the depth of the chipboard, you have to be very careful when you're nearly through the board unless you are sure there is nothing underneath to be damaged. The blade is quite heavy and has lots of momentum, so if it hits a pipe or a cable it will keep on whizzing round. I cut into a 15mm pipe on my first job with this tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to solid board cutter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock