Discuss Some advice on an outside tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

go3asy

Just looking for some advice as I'm seeing come conflicting information on best practice ect. Had someone for an outside tap to a new build at the weekend, it's a timber frame with brick outer and cavity which blew out some render when drilling through for the pipe which the builders who are still on site have agreed to fill.

Before or they do though I'm considering having the figment changed to better safeguard it. There is an isolation valve inside but not a double check valve, am I ok to PPP a new tap on with the check valve included? Since it's an old tap been fitted anyway.

other issue is before they fill the render I wasn't to have a tidy fit and don't want the compression fitting covered in the event it seeps or starts leaking into the cavity. Solution to his would be to have a plumber replace the elbow with a solder joint and I am wondering if it should be sleeved with a 22mm plastic pipe to again further protect the cavity should there be any leaks. I know the chances of problems are small but would rather it was done properly and tidy. Have attached a photo, excuse the silicon I have pumped into the hole until the builders sort the render as the hole was quite big!

photo: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qjcg87vq56635bf/photo 15-03-2015 09 42 34.jpg?dl=0

Last edited by a moderator:
As well, if changing that joint does the pipe need to be changed through the wall to make a solder elbow joint, its chrome plated not sure if that can still be soldered? Or is it safe enough to keep the compression fitting and have them try keep a gap round it and not end up covering it in render.

Just looking for some advice as I'm seeing come conflicting information on best practice ect. Had someone for an outside tap to a new build at the weekend, it's a timber frame with brick outer and cavity which blew out some render when drilling through for the pipe which the builders who are still on site have agreed to fill.

Before or they do though I'm considering having the figment changed to better safeguard it. There is an isolation valve inside but not a double check valve, am I ok to PPP a new tap on with the check valve included? Since it's an old tap been fitted anyway.

other issue is before they fill the render I wasn't to have a tidy fit and don't want the compression fitting covered in the event it seeps or starts leaking into the cavity. Solution to his would be to have a plumber replace the elbow with a solder joint and I am wondering if it should be sleeved with a 22mm plastic pipe to again further protect the cavity should there be any leaks. I know the chances of problems are small but would rather it was done properly and tidy. Have attached a photo, excuse the silicon I have pumped into the hole until the builders sort the render as the hole was quite big!

photo: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qjcg87vq56635bf/photo 15-03-2015 09 42 34.jpg?dl=0

What kind of tool fitted that looks like a 1970s tap installation drill in not out

oh dear god,what a mess,get one of these fitted tube.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Some advice on an outside tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello guys, a couple of months back I installed a new shower and sink into a part of the house that hadn't previously been plumbed in. This forced...
Replies
Views
Hello I want to replace the old single panel rad in the bedroom with a K2 double panel Stelrad one. I think I'm OK in general and relatively...
Replies
Views
Hi, in what circumstances, would you say, it is ok to install a boiler without a filling loop and/or check valve? We had a new boiler installed...
Replies
Views
Hi, Any help, advice or personal experience appreciated. We are supplied by a lead pipe but on a shared supply. I am about house 4 out of a run...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for a bit of help and advice please in relation to tap valve sizes. Mixer bath tap valves have been playing up so decided to replace...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock