Discuss Someone got to start this one 🤔 in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Schools are closing on Friday, only kids with parents who are key workers may attend (police, nhs, essential delivery drivers)

Tough times are on the horizon lads..... stay safe please.

Have to say I don't watch news at all since about 3-4 years ago. I live in London and was only aware of the virus from other people and just tv/ radiao in background. Actually sat down last night to watch 30 mins of news and my corona virus alarm meter went from 0 to 100 in that space of time. Reminds me of the terrorist stuff, I am not trying to trivialise the virus nor terrorist but just the way I felt after watching them news was same as when they cover terrorist attacks it makes you proper paranoid.
Really hard to predict what will happen, if it starts dying down there will still be long terms reprocussions just due to the whole frenzy that has been whipped up. If the virus escalates the world just might change forever

Watch this space lol

I agree it's just a matter of time. My elderly Ma was released from a London hospital about 10 days ago where they were initially struggling to find her a bed. She wasn't in intensive care but the critical datum for all the action taken over the virus is the ability of the hospital system to cope while it's still also recovering from seasonal traffic. I suspect it's probably at near capacity at the moment so as soon as the tipping point nears they'll lock down London hence the recent mobilisation of troops.

The problem is that, once they lockdown, numbers of new cases do not start to fall very quickly. Italy put in quite severe measures last Wednesday and Thursday and cases are still rising, but very slowly instead of exponentially like they were before.

You know what, I think they got this virus lockdown all wrong...surly only folks at risk should be isolated?

Seems bizarre shutting down everything when most folks would only suffer cold like symptoms....this virus is being put before gas safety in some instances also in the form of cancelled inspections.

You know what, I think they got this virus lockdown all wrong...surly only folks at risk should be isolated?

Seems bizarre shutting down everything when most folks would only suffer cold like symptoms....this virus is being put before gas safety in some instances also in the form of cancelled inspections.

Problems if only the elderly or people with health issues are isolated, there will be some who will have severe symptoms and require medical care.
Also not everyone is careful and many healthy people will carry the virus and pass it on to others including to elderly.
I have some customers at present who seem to think I should be going to do their unimportant jobs, just because they have decided to renew something and means I would have to call at merchants and come in contact with people.
The expert medical advice across the world has clearly been to shutdown as much as possible in each country to reduce as many extra infections as possible. Seems this virus typically doubles infection, so one person getting it spreads to at least two other people, then those two spread to another four people, ....etc

It’s a interesting point...kids off school though? Have a heart mate.

I had that virus that Soded all over the Corona virus...shivering, sweating in bed and afraid to move half inch! Survived that so feel confident going forward....

I had that virus that Soded all over the Corona virus...shivering, sweating in bed and afraid to move half inch! Survived that so feel confident going forward..

Swine flu? If so I caught that in 2009 and ended up in hospital for 5 days. I almost croaked due to dehydration before I got ambulanced to hospital and put on a drip. Every muscle in my body hurt so much but especially back and legs. I didn't even get a cough or runny nose, just shivering, pain and vomiting. I could only drink tiny sips of water and once I got about half a glass of water down it all came back up, every time for 2 full days and nights. It was absolutely hideous and I really felt like I might be dying.

I hope this new one is not as bad as that if I am unfortunate enough to get it.

Just confirmed on T.V from no. 10.
THERE WILL BE NO LOCKDOWN OR RESTRICTIONS OF MOVEMENT IN AND OUT OF LONDON.
PUBLIC TRANSPORT WILL NOT SHUT DOWN, THERE MAY BE SOME DISRUPTION DUE TO STAFF SHORTAGES.

Reply to Someone got to start this one 🤔 in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back