Discuss Someone got to start this one 🤔 in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Had my first job cancelled today the retired couple and their family have put the job on hold till we all know whats going to happen with this virus its going to become a serious problem if it carries on longer than a few months , my wife has now been told she cannot work for 12 weeks and has to stay at home and limit contact as she has diabetes and is high risk , grim times ahead chaps. Stay well people. Kop

Trust you & yours keep well @king of pipes Shaun ;)

I think it all got very serious today, I am confident that this unprecedented situation is being managed well. At the end of the day it’s down to individuals and families to do what’s best for them and where they can help others. That’s my approach. As I understand no power switch offs, no evictions rented or otherwise and once the sheep can cram no more into their cupboards things will reach some sort of balance. Also a good thing is how we have come to appreciate the the previously unseen and often derided now important jobs in society. Centralheatking

I think this new chancellor had come across quite well it remains to be seen if he lived up to his promises ? Alot of people have probably breathed a sigh of relief not alot of help for the self employed mind but thats no surprise is it , picked up a boiler change today and a bit of tiling in a kitchen so with the work I have should be ok for the foreseeable . Keep well all regards kop

I think this new chancellor had come across quite well it remains to be seen if he lived up to his promises ? Alot of people have probably breathed a sigh of relief not alot of help for the self employed mind but thats no surprise is it , picked up a boiler change today and a bit of tiling in a kitchen so with the work I have should be ok for the foreseeable . Keep well all regards kop
Make sure you take a 50% deposit mate.

Is that what your doing H ? I get the customer to purchase the boiler and main parts now mate keeps me under the Vat I sort it at my merchants they ring up and pay a account payment I know I lose out a bit but often add a few consumables to it they don't seem to mind . Keep well mate . Cheers kop

Reckon that with all the pub, gym, leisure centres etc being closed and loss of income in households the divorce rate will soar as one partner has nowhere to escape to.

Best get on ya boat and sail off into the sunset bud :D . On a lighter note maybe when this whole virus nightmare is under control people and the countries around the world will look at the way they have conducted themselves, show a bit more compassion and understanding for each other stop the fighting , killing and suffering and work towards tolerant and a more peaceful world . Stay safe all kop

Being on the boat means I'm self isolating 90% of the time anyway and I can always cast off and get out on the quiet waters for a different view out of the window plus with the pubs being shut moorings are plentiful lol.
People are withdrawing their boats from the market Oz not expecting buyers to view and brokers to be on skeleton staff at the moment, reckon that now could be a time to get a bargain tbh.

What do you mean by finally mate? I’m lost.
I mean that advising people to avoid pubs was never going to be enough, though I agree with others that other shops are equally likely to be areas of contagion.

The Italian lockdown is not enough to prevent spread, but it does seem to be slowing it down a bit. The UK has started the shutdown earlier, but the measures taken in the UK are still far less strict.

Two funny things I saw today. Man standing outside bookies can’t believe it and the pub next door are closed...where has he been. Second man in Boots buying £34 worth of ****** sensible man, no pub or bookies so 3 rd best form of entertainment Centralheatking

Reply to Someone got to start this one 🤔 in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back