Discuss Sparking pcb boiler breakdown Baxi Solo 3 pfl in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

Boiler has broken down this evening and in need of some advice before I shell out more money.

Story- had boiler serviced Friday, local chap came checked gas consumption, did fga, checked gas pressure, cleaned exchanger and all the other jazz. He did find that there was no fan gasket seal and someone had bodged it with fire cement, but got that replaced and all was well an amount of money later.

So boiler working fine that evening and this morning. Went out for half an hour and came back to find house smelling of that ozone electric burning smell. Sniffed about and smelled it coming from boiler. Switched boiler off and went out for the day. Called installer and explained situation he said it’s nothing he’s touched that’s caused the issue which I believe. Switched boiler on this evening to have another look and could see pcb sparking somewhere and immediately turned off again.

My question is- if I get the pcb replaced by this chap could it just fry straight away again? Can’t afford to do this twice at the moment. Thanks for any advice.

Hi all,

Boiler has broken down this evening and in need of some advice before I shell out more money.

Story- had boiler serviced Friday, local chap came checked gas consumption, did fga, checked gas pressure, cleaned exchanger and all the other jazz. He did find that there was no fan gasket seal and someone had bodged it with fire cement, but got that replaced and all was well an amount of money later.

So boiler working fine that evening and this morning. Went out for half an hour and came back to find house smelling of that ozone electric burning smell. Sniffed about and smelled it coming from boiler. Switched boiler off and went out for the day. Called installer and explained situation he said it’s nothing he’s touched that’s caused the issue which I believe. Switched boiler on this evening to have another look and could see pcb sparking somewhere and immediately turned off again.

My question is- if I get the pcb replaced by this chap could it just fry straight away again? Can’t afford to do this twice at the moment. Thanks for any advice.
Go on, How much is an amount ?

Reply to Sparking pcb boiler breakdown Baxi Solo 3 pfl in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock