Search the forum,

Discuss Sponsored thread - www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk BETA test in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

Hi All

You might like to go for a wander around the beta test version of our ecommerce site.

You will notice that you have to register before you can see prices or buy anything. This is because we don't want the general public seeing our prices, and we certainly don't want to sell them anything. I know that its a pain to register, but I think its worth it to protect your margins and keep joe public out.

You can register in 3 ways.

1) If you are gas-safe registered, you can use your gas safe number to verify your trade status. The registration system checks this automatically via the Gas Safe register, and should allow you access without further hassle. However, if you ticked the "no publicity" box when you registered with Gas Safe, then this won't work, and it ought to apologise and tell you that a human being will contact you soon.

2) If you have an account with us already AND we have a valid email address registered on your account, then you can get in almost straight away - we will just automatically send you an "update password" link and you should be fine.

3) If you have neither of the above, just fill in all the details, and it will tell you that a human will contact you. However, if you PM me with the email address that you registered with, I can authorise you immediately - although this only applies to plumbers arms members.

Please remember that it is a first release. It was working perfectly on the test set up earlier, but I bet something goes wrong now. If it does, please don't be afraid of letting us know. However, it is working and if you checkout, your credit card will be debited, and we will ship to you!

So fill yer boots. :)

Cheers

Ray

Just had a look round it Ray, everything seems to be working nicely, site looks good, will sign up later. All the best with your new venture. Stani.

Just done all the necessary. I'll have a good look around if you let me in :)

I'm in. Just browsing, but I already think Jewsons are a robbing bunch of barstewards, I've only looked at the radiators as well.

have just registered too what i have seen so far looks great.

Nice raymondo.

I have noticed however that prices can be viewed without signing in....

But only on the special offers tab with all the vanity units on.

Just thought you should be aware of this and it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with me angling for a biscuit/sweets upgrade on my next order......honest:D

Had a look around and all seems good. It keeps logging me off though for some reason.

Looks like that I wont be spending as much time on ukpf now ive seen this :) :)

Nice raymondo.

I have noticed however that prices can be viewed without signing in....

But only on the special offers tab with all the vanity units on.

Just thought you should be aware of this and it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with me angling for a biscuit/sweets upgrade on my next order......honest:D

Thanks Kevan

Trying to duplicate that here, but I think I need to clear my cookies, because it doesnt seem to want to log me out.

Had a look around and all seems good. It keeps logging me off though for some reason.

Under what circumstances mfgs?

And do you mind telling me what browser you are using?

Ray

I omly discovered it because I am too bone idle to put in the password you kindly supplied. The browse tabs were lit so I just clicked and hey presto special offer prices can be seen.

Heads must roll ray, heads must roll:eek:

One feature that you might like is the ability to save a basket for 30 days at a fixed price.

The idea is that if you are quoting a customer, you can log onto the site, type in the list of materials, and get the prices you need to base your quote on.

You then save the basket. It defaults to saving it with todays date as a name, but you can change that and call it "Mrs Smiths boiler change".

It will remain there, fixed at that price, for 30 days. If you come back within 30 days, you can buy it, edit it or discard it. After 30 days it should expire and disappear.

Under what circumstances mfgs?

And do you mind telling me what browser you are using?

Ray

It seemed to be whenever I was trying to get to the inhibitor section using the menu on the left it was logging me out when I got there. I then searched for it in the search at the top and I could see the prices and not get logged out. I am using internet explorer. I have just done this again and it seems to be working now???

for a beta version it looks pretty damn good ray. i haven't found any problems with it so far.

Just clicked on water meters and it said I needed to log in, but then clicked lead and it said i was logged in.

for a beta version it looks pretty damn good ray. i haven't found any problems with it so far.

We have been hammering it quite hard internally, but that was on a test platform. And I have sent it back to the developers several times for more work.

You never know what will happen when you take it live, and sudddenly all sorts of users with different devices and browsers start using it. :)

Very nice Ray.

Dont know if it was a problem but i could see consumable item prices without logging in

GasMan - I have just activated your account based on your hotmail account, but you did already have one under the company email address.

Anyone else who register - please don't forget to PM me the email address, so I can activate it. As soon as I see the magic "Pub member" on the PM, we will accept that as proof of trade status.

Very nice Ray.

Dont know if it was a problem but i could see consumable item prices without logging in

Thanks Gasmanxxxx. That seems to be a problem, and we will be on to the developers in the morning.

Was it you that just registered at a hotmail account? I thought it was mark (the other gas man)

Hi ray. Just registered. Will be ordering a magnacleanse later on the week and some stock.

will send pm now

Ive the same problem with end feed elbows as the water meters.

Hi Ray, I'm having the same problem with chemicals and water treatment section. I'm on my ipad, every time I click on it it logs me out, when I click log in it does it automatically without entering details, but kicks me back to the bathroom section. I click on water treatment and it kicks me out again.

Just spent 45 minutes trying to buy a bottle of F1. :wheelchair:

But seriously, from what I've seen it looks really good and the prices are good.

I registered using gas safe. Can you only register once per gas safe details? It wouldn't be hard to get a postcode and G.S number if you were a ****tard wanting trade prices.

Kitchen sinks are the same.

Very good site, easy to find stuff and not cluttered. Other sites ive used are a pain e.g. plumb center

Hi Ray, I'm having the same problem with chemicals and water treatment section. I'm on my ipad, every time I click on it it logs me out, when I click log in it does it automatically without entering details, but kicks me back to the bathroom section. I click on water treatment and it kicks me out again.
Just spent 45 minutes trying to buy a bottle of F1. :wheelchair:

But seriously, from what I've seen it looks really good and the prices are good.

It looks like we have a problem with the logging in and out thing - I will take that back to the developers tomorrow. That the beauty of doing stuff on the forum - we can sort these things out before the whole world gets at it.

I registered using gas safe. Can you only register once per gas safe details? It wouldn't be hard to get a postcode and G.S number if you were a ****tard wanting trade prices.

This is something that we have considered - a determined retail customer getting someone's gas safe details and using them to spoof the system. The honest truth is that it would work, but there are a few barriers.

Firstly, they would have to know that we exist. We intend to spend exactly nothing on SEO, and have no intention of climbing up the google rankings.
Secondly, they would really have to make an effort. People won't normally wait 4 secs for a page to load, never mind actually working at something like this
Thirdly - although we would be ****ed off, its not the end of the world. We know that lots of our customers leave our pricelist on jobs, and sometimes even give them to custards and tell them to come here (that never ends well).

Finally, if they do actually succeed in buying something, then its christmas for the gas safe engineer. As a security measure, first orders can only go to the account address, unless Ian or I override it personally.

And they couldn't phone up and admit what they had done, could they. Claiming to be gas-safe registered when you aren't is a criminal offence... :)

ray there are two pan connector sections in soil, waste, traps and overflow

Awesome!! Thanks Ray, this is going to be very handy. All registered and ready to browse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sponsored thread - www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk BETA test in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
S
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock