Discuss Spray gun regulations (UK) in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm looking to install a bidet spray gun by the toilet, ideally this would involve sending hot and cold water into a thermostatic mixer then that would feed into the spray gun which would hang next to the cistern.
What I'm worried about is that the spray gun would have to follow the same regulations as a full bidet system, i.e. the IRN R070 regulations.
I've seen a few solutions illustrated on the Water Regulations Approval Scheme website or on the WaterRegsUK website (I think I can't post links here?), but they all look extremely expensive and impractical in the space we have, basically coming down to installing a separate cistern very high up, like in the image:

tmp.png

This seems like overkill to me for what's basically a small shower head. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience? I'm interested in any actual risk of water contamination but also in any legal risk if I later decided to sell or rent the property for example.

Contact with 2s required a cat 5 break tank

Reply to Spray gun regulations (UK) in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Could someone take a look at this for me please? Just had a boiler put in our property on a grant scheme. The boiler is great other than him not...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to this forum so please excuse me if I've posted in the wrong forum or whatever. I would call myself a competent amateur plumber...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm having a bit of a nightmare with quoting for a job. Customer keeps arguing the toss over a product that they want installing. They...
Replies
Views
S
Hey guys, I'm sure this comes up a lot but I was hoping someone could help me out. I recently bought a new house with a Baxi Bermuda 401 back...
Replies
Views
Sarie
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock