Search the forum,

Discuss Spring back taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Runner Ducks

I am trying to find taps to install for an elderly couple one of which has dementia and forgets to turn off taps.

The ideal would be taps that have to be held on and so spring back to the off position when released.

Any ideas?

Alterntive suggestions would be good too

Welcome to Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK!

Hello Runner Ducks, welcome aboard www.UKPlumbersForums.co.uk. Stick around, I'm sure you'll like the place. :)

Hi Runner,welcome the the forum

Well you can get push down taps,as you see in public areas or now they do sensor taps,were the tap senses your hand under the tap and comes on for a period of time
However you have the issue of cost
A call or visit to social services and they may be able to help with this as dementia involved,as you maybe should be looking at thermostatic temperature control through hot all so

The best taps are the ones which have an infra red sensor which turn them on and off.

non concussive taps are what you require,but as said above,should be down to either housing or social services.

yes, cost may be covered by some funding

you can get loads of infra red or sensor taps

ior the simple non concussive ones seen in pub toilets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Spring back taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes a squeak noise as I turn it on or off, left tap is 100% perfect and noiseless. This grohe tap is like one unit, so no screw notch or way I can remove...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock