Discuss Stiff Self closing mixer taps? in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Illuminate

illuminate
I tried to fix stiff self closing taps but could not work it out. I do not have the brand of taps. The very top came off like a lid but the actual head did not seem to come off inside the lid It appeared as like a bleed point like on a radiator. I could also access the cartridge further down and cleaned it up as well as releasing pressure from the part that appeared like a bleed point but no luck. Please can someone help?

The taps appeared like this one

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 21.58.40.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 21.58.40.png
    79.5 KB · Views: 14
Swap them for new as they get scaled up internally

On a row of these taps on the hot side water was barely coming out but I fixed the issue for all but am not 100% sure what fixed it.
I thought it could be a blockage but first dismantled the tap, then I started on the first tap and tested the pressure when disconneting part the isolation valve before the flexi and non return valve. When I turned the isolation on while it was disconnecting, water burst out, then slowed and then made a slight gurgling sound and was powerful again. I did not notice anything other than water come out. Could this of been a airlock and I thought this way would not clear an airlock. The system is run of a fortic cylinder? Any knowledge would be great to help me understand better.

Thanks

Reply to Stiff Self closing mixer taps? in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock