Search the forum,

Discuss Stiff shower valve handle in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plum Bob 66

Good Evening gents

Just wondered if you could give me a bit of advice.Attended a customers house today re the above heading. The shower is a Sirrus TS 1500, see pic below on a high pressure system. The shower works fine in every way apart from when the customer comes to turn off it is really stiff to the point he is unwilling to use it for obvious reasons.

I realise this name of shower no longer exists in the old form but has been badged by Bristan and spares are readily available (at a price !!) through shower doctor etc.

In your time served opinion is it just a case of removing the cartridge and re greasing or is it a case of buying a new cartridge with spindle attached.

Your advice would be welcome
Bob
IMG_0828.jpg

you might get away with a grease up but they can leak once stripped down so if the customer is paying id go for a cartridge every time

Morning Bob
New to this forum but not to this kind of issue and would have to agree with Steve every time. Greasing can work but I have tended to use it to tide system over until new cartridge arrives. As long as customer doesnt mind paying then replace inc spindle
Hope that helps
Chris

Many thanks Chris and Steve, will go with the cartridge option
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stiff shower valve handle in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
I have a Bristan recessed valve shower. It was installed 11 years ago - but hardly used as the handles are far too stiff. I have now had the...
Replies
Views
have a Moen shower body that leaks. the previous idiot to remove the cartridge gouged the inside of the valve body. now with a new cartridge, new...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My customer has a Mira Gem 88 mixer shower. It's 12 years old, and has recently become tight to turn (most likely scaled up). It runs...
Replies
Views
Welder
W
Afternoon, One leaking shower. A Bristan 1901. Installed 6 years ago in a customer's house. It's leaking, as the second picture shows, from...
Replies
Views
OK guys. This one is really bugging me, luckily its my own house and Ive just redone the bathroom, if it was a customers I would be pulling my...
Replies
Views
Muse2k8
M
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock