Search the forum,

Discuss Stone Basin Waste Issue in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

We have bought a stone basin for the bathroom and also bought a standard mushroom unslotted basin waste. The problem that we have is the recess cut out for the waste flange in the basin is large (measuring 70mm diameter) and therefore the waste has a large gap around it.

Easier to see in the pictures below :

IMG_20211113_141135.jpg

IMG_20211113_141149.jpg

IMG_20211113_141200.jpg

IMG_20211113_141309.jpg

I've searched for other basin waste but they all seem to be fairly standard. Does anyone have any suggestions for an alternate waste with a bigger flange (70mm is the recess diameter)?

Thanks in advance,

Daz

As above, look for 1 1/2" waste,
This one's 70mm width and depending on the thickness of your sink you may need a longer one

And either one of these and 1 1/4" trap and waste or nothing and do it in 1 1/2" trap and waste

Last edited:
Have a look at www.bes.co.uk. The website is fairly awful but it's a decent firm. They have a range of wastes with the dimensions quite clearly specified. Might be worth looking at wastes that aren't called 'basin' wastes. If you end up with a sink or a bath waste, you may also need to buy a 1.5" to 1.25" diameter adapter so you can attach to your (presumably) 1.25" waste pipe.

Have a look at www.bes.co.uk. The website is fairly awful but it's a decent firm. They have a range of wastes with the dimensions quite clearly specified. Might be worth looking at wastes that aren't called 'basin' wastes. If you end up with a sink or a bath waste, you may also need to buy a 1.5" to 1.25" diameter adapter so you can attach to your (presumably) 1.25" waste pipe.
Great thing with BES if you don't understand plumbing too well, after your first order they send you a great catalogue. That will give you some idea of words to Google rather than searching on the website. Use Google images to find stuff (for any stuff).

BES have delivered every order I've ever made promptly, complete, intact, and with proper paperwork. Wish other firms in all the trades were as efficient.

Can't say any more than that.

Nice sink.

Cheers,

Roy (Amateur)

Great thing with BES if you don't understand plumbing too well, after your first order they send you a great catalogue. That will give you some idea of words to Google rather than searching on the website. Use Google images to find stuff (for any stuff).

BES have delivered every order I've ever made promptly, complete, intact, and with proper paperwork. Wish other firms in all the trades were as efficient.

Can't say any more than that.

Nice sink.

Cheers,

Roy (Amateur)
Yes. The catalogue is very good. And since the online ordering system won't let me in and they cannot sort it for me, they patiently take my orders as I dictate them down the phone line, so I may as well use the catalogue anyway.

Thanks all for your suggestions.
Will have a look at a 1 1/2 inch waste as an alternative. Trouble I will have is finding one long enough. The basin hole thickness is 40mm. The bath waste I've seen so far and the one previously linked is only 50mm long.

Yes. The catalogue is very good. And since the online ordering system won't let me in and they cannot sort it for me, they patiently take my orders as I dictate them down the phone line, so I may as well use the catalogue anyway.
Have you registered a log in on the web site?

Have you registered a log in on the web site?
Yeah but it doesn't work any more since the new website some years ago. They said they'd sort it but haven't. Can't do a new one as I already have one associated with my email address. I don't mind - I'm quite happy to phone through the orders.

What waste do they recommend/ they sell ?

The supplier/ manufacturer
It was ordered through VidaXL. Came in a VidaXL labelled box with no manufacturer's information, specs or installation instructions. The listing details a 45mm waste hole but nothing about a 70mm recess. I can certainly drop them an email but anticipate I won't get a useful answer. Interestingly I've just measured the hole diameter and it's 49mm not 45mm.

Reply to Stone Basin Waste Issue in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock