Search the forum,

Discuss Strange noise from Ideal Heat 15 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to identify this noise that's coming from this boiler. It happens once in a blue moon.
The building is 3 years old, a block of 6 flats, boilers are located in a store in the underground carpark. I would say that the run from the central heating pump (in the flat) to the boiler is around 15metres. This is the only boiler making this noise. My original thought was overheating but with it not being consistent then hearing the sound myself I'm not so sure. Noise is only at the boiler and pipework surrounding it. I've not changed a water flow sensor on these boilers yet so I wonder if this sensor could be making the noise? Thanks in advance

Link to video of noise -
IMG_4091.JPG

Hi you have some debris in pipework/ heat exchanger a bit of solder/lump of debris, isolate pipework blast out pipework and heat hex separate , get loads on glowworm/Vaillant heat hexs, only trouble with them is they split into coils where the logic Ali heat hex may have better water flow rate when blasted with water etc
Good luck

Hi you have some debris in pipework/ heat exchanger a bit of solder/lump of debris, isolate pipework blast out pipework and heat hex separate , get loads on glowworm/Vaillant heat hexs, only trouble with them is they split into coils where the logic Ali heat hex may have better water flow rate when blasted with water etc
Good luck

I was kind of hoping this wasnt the case :D Thanks mate

Yes mate debris sits in flow/return pipe and just goes up and down and the noise is when it hits the elbow/bend of connection to heat hex, that's why it's intermittent as its flow related,

Are you both gas safe ?

If you are contact one of these lovely people and they will let you into the private part of the forum

@Dan @Lou

If your not, best to replace the cover and suggest getting a gas safe engy out

Are you both gas safe ?

If you are contact one of these lovely people and they will let you into the private part of the forum

@Dan @Lou

If your not, best to replace the cover and suggest getting a gas safe engy out

I am yes, i did message someone with my id number, just waiting for a reply, Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Strange noise from Ideal Heat 15 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock