Discuss Sub Contracting PLEASE HELP ME in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a strange old world now.
Times are hard but certain people are still spending. Had the best January for many years with 2 full installs and 9 boiler changes along with other stuff. Booked up until mid March.
Long may it continue.

It is a strange old world now.
Times are hard but certain people are still spending. Had the best January for many years with 2 full installs and 9 boiler changes along with other stuff. Booked up until mid March.
Long may it continue.

Fair play to you. Hope it stays the same for a long time. People with money will always have money and people with nothing...well, you know.

Might have to ask you for a sub if time get hard my way. lol

Hi Hi just wanted to say thanks for all your good posts and would like to ask you how easy you found it approaching BG for subbie work. Iv got my ACS exams next week and all being well i will have CCN1 CEN1 CKR1 HTR1 CPA1. When you approached them did you have any experience. I have been working with a BG subbie to build my portfolio but he has been there for donkies and cant remember that far back :) too much sniffing the gas i think! so he cant really help. I have transport and FGA and been building my tool bag up over the last few months. My main concern is BG or any big firms wanting years of experience before even considering me for there service work.

Thanks

Cant remember if they asked how much experience I had, but I had to do an online test, then go down to one of their training centers and do a practical assesment whilst someone watched over me. Which involved general safety checks and fault finding on a boiler. Once All that was passed, on my first day with them I was followed around by one of their senior engineers to make sure I knew what I was doing.

Im sure on their website there is an application form you can fill in and they will get back to you.

hope you have deep pockets i tried the bg subbing but after two weeks gave up on it this was in november im still trying to get some money

Odd steve?!

I sub for them 1/2 days a week. I submit my hours on friday eve and the money is always in my bank with 5 days without fail. Been like that week in week out for 7 months now?!

I do installations for them though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sub Contracting PLEASE HELP ME in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back